Terms and Conditions
Last updated: February 25, 2021
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and PeerStorage Company, LLC. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service. Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
You represent that you are over the age of 18. The Company does not permit those under 18 to use the Service. You may view Listings as an unregistered visitor to the Site; however, if you wish to book a Space or create a Listing, you must first create an Account by registering to PeerStorage User Accounts.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
Abandoned goods means personal property left by an owner who intentionally relinquishes all rights to its control.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Booking means another party has agreed to store their items for the sole purpose of storing them in the space listed by the Host, for the duration of the reservation period, uring which time the Host may enter the Space and/or retake possession of any or all the Goods in accordance with the Booking Agreement.
Booking Total means the price applied by a Host for the total Rental period use of a storage Space in a particular Listing
Country refers to: Washington, United States
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to PeerStorage Company LLC, Issaquah, WA, 98027.
Content refers to content such as text, images, or other information that can be posted, uploaded, linked to or otherwise made available by You, regardless of the form of that content.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Feedback means feedback, innovations or suggestions sent by You regarding the attributes, performance or features of our Service.
Goods refer to the Renters items that are stored in the Space.
Host refers to the party offering to provide, or providing, storage space.
Host Fee means the fees payable by the Host for the use of the service in connection with each booking, calculated as a percentage of the Booking fee.
Listing means a post on the Service uploaded by the Host advertising the Space.
Move-In Date means the date set by the Renter and agreed upon by the Host at which the applicable Booking begins.
Move Out Date means the date set by the Renter and agreed upon by the host at which the applicable Booking ends.
Payment Transaction Fee is the fee paid to PeerStorage for facilitating the payment transaction. This fee is dependent on the Payment Method of the Renter. Any fees charged for the Payment Method will be charged to the Host by PeerStorage.
Payment Method means a credit/debit card or other electronic payment such as Paypal or Stripe
Payout means the process of payment to Hosts generated by their reserved Bookings. Must be requested by Host through the Service.
Prohibited goods means the list of Goods that are not permitted to be Stored by the Renter.
Promotions refer to contests, sweepstakes or other promotions offered through the Service.
Referrer refers to a person who sends or directs someone to an list their space on PeerStorage.
Renter means the party seeking to store, or storing Goods in a Space.
Rental Period means the duration of a Booking beginning on the Move In Date and ending on the Move Out Date as set forth in the Reservation.
Rental Rate means the fees payable by the Renter to the Host for a Booking, calculated as the Service Fee displayed on the Listing to the applicable Rental Period. This is the rate displayed on the Listing.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Fee means the fees payable by the Renter to PeerStorage for the use of the Service in connection with each Booking, calculated as a percentage of the applicable Booking Fee.
Space means the space (e.g bedroom, basement, attic, closet, garage, parking spot etc) that a Host lists in a Listing as available for the purpose of storing Goods, or for which a Booking has been transacted via the service.
Terms and Conditions (also referred as “Terms”) mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the Service.
Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
Total fees consists of the Booking total and PeerStorage’ commission and any applicable taxes
Website refers to PeerStorage, accessible from https://www.peerstorage.co
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
If You wish to place a Booking on the Service or create a Listing, You may be asked to supply certain information relevant to Your Booking or Listing including, without limitation, Your name, form of government identification such as state driver’s license or passport, Your email, Your phone number, Your photo, Your credit card number or other payment type, the expiration date of Your credit card, Your billing address, and Your Listing address.
You represent and warrant that: (i) You have the legal right to use any credit or debit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Booking and Payout; and that (ii) the information You supply to us is true, correct and complete.
By submitting such information, You grant us the right to provide the information to payment processing third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Your Booking.
- It is the Host’s sole right to check the Renter’s background, and criminal history and refuse to rent to the Renter, or terminate Renter’s Booking of the Host’s Space. PeerStorage reserves the right, but has no obligation, to perform these same background, criminal history checks but will not take responsibility for them.
Changing Account Information
- Renter agrees to immediately notify Host of changes related to Renter’s mailing address, phone number, email address, or other contact information.
- Host agrees to immediately notify Renter of changes related to Host’s phone number, email address, or other contact information related to the Service.
Obligation of PeerStorage
- By entering into a Contract between a Renter and a Host, PeerStorage will collect Service fees from the Renter and Payment transaction fees from the Host. All financial transactions between parties will be processed by a third-party electronic payment system embedded in the Site on the “Payment Method” page in Users dashboard. By using the Payment Method, You also confirm that You have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions which apply to that service.
- PeerStorage will collect Service fees from the Renter on the Booking total due at the time of the Booking confirmation to the Host. PeerStorage will also collect Payment transaction fees on the Booking total paid to the Host. If the Renter wants to extend the Rental period, they will have to do so by re-booking the same Storage space by the same Host and set a new Move out date. Where a Booking has been extended, PeerStorage will continue to collect a Service fee from the Renter on the Booking total, and a Payment transaction fee from the Host.
Obligations of Renter
- By entering into a contract with a Host you warrant and represent that you are not seeking Storage of Prohibited goods and will not use the space for any unlawful purpose other than for the storage of personal Goods and will not do anything that will interfere with the Host’s reasonable enjoyment of the rest of the premises in which the Space is located. Prohibited goods may consist of the following:
- Any hazardous or illegal items
- Guns and ammunition
- Fireworks and flammable materials
- Hazardous waste or chemicals
- Living or dead organisms
- Pesticides and toxins
- Stolen goods
- Perishable food items
- The Renter agrees to pay the Booking total fully and in good faith and using the online Payment method upon confirmation of the Booking with the Host.
- The Renter is to ensure that the Hosts property is in an acceptable condition as advertised on the Listing on PeerStorage. If Listing is not as advertised, the Renter is to receive a full refund
- The Renter must adhere to the Host’s agreed upon contractual Move in date, Move out date, and Accessible hours for access to the storage property.
- Disclosing the Goods being stored in the Storage space to the Host and PeerStorage.
- Renter agrees to retake possessions of Goods, vacate the Storage space completely by the Move out date, and remove all Goods.
- Renters are responsible for all damage to the Storage space that is caused by the Goods stored or by the negligent acts or omissions.
- Renter agrees that they have to re-book the Listing prior to their Move out date if they want to continue to store their Goods in the Storage space. Renter must also communicate with the Host at least 24 hours’ notice prior to re-booking the space.
Obligations of Host
- Hosts must create a Listing and must describe the Space, along with any conditions of storage they wish to apply, on the listings page of the Website. Such descriptions much include text, pictures, and any other relevant content which will include space size (width, length), address or general location, accessible hours, accessibility of space, property or space security, climate or environment, rental rate, and any other details that the Website requires. All descriptions and information contained in a Listing must be accurate, complete, and up-to-date to the best of your knowledge. In the event the Space becomes unavailable for any reason, you agree to remove or suspend the Listing as soon as possible.
- Hosts must make sure the Goods and the Storage space are in reasonable care to ensure the return of Goods in the state they were in when put in Hosts possession.
- Host must agree to never ask or insist a Renter pay any or all the Booking fees directly to Host with cash, check, or any payment method rather than through PeerStorage.
- Host agree that they will not make or allow simultaneous Bookings for the same Space on PeerStorage or any like web service.
- In order for Hosts to be “Verified” Hosts, they must provide picture of either drivers license identification or passport, self-photo for their profile photo, email address, residential address, and phone number.
- Host have the right to request list of Goods being stored in their Storage space and to ensure that the list of Goods is up-to-date.
- Hosts must give the Renter an opportunity to view the space upon request before Move in date.
- Host will not move or make any use of the Renters Goods without the Renters written permission.
- PeerStorage does not currently offer any property, damage, misconduct, risk, liability, or any kind of insurance or guarantees to either Host or Renters. PeerStorage requires Hosts to have home owners insurance and that they verify their current homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policies and to seek legal counsel to verify that they have the appropriate coverage to enter into these agreements, including:
- Coverage for damage to property caused by Renters entering or exiting the space or caused by the storage property
- Coverage for damage caused to Renters Goods being stored
- PeerStorage requires that Renters obtain Renter’s insurance to cover the damages to their stored Goods. PeerStorage recommends both Host’s and Renter’s take pictures of the state of the Goods, along with an inventory list and their valuation.
- Renter’s agrees that the use of the Space is at the Renter’s sole risk. Renter agrees that, without limiting any duties of the Host to take reasonable steps to protect Renter’s property, Host shall have no liability to Renter or Renter’s invitees for any personal or bodily PeerStorage except in the event of Hosts’ gross negligence or willful misconduct. Renter hereby waives and disclaims any and all claims of causes of action Renter may have against Host, in the event of personal or bodily PeerStorage to Renter or Renter’s invitees, except as a result of Host’s gross negligence of will misconduct.
We reserve the right without liability to you, with or without cause, to refuse or cancel Your Account at any time without prior notice. We may terminate or suspend Your Account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions. Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately. If You wish to terminate Your Account, You may simply discontinue using the Service.
- If a Renter needs to cancel their Booking, they must do so 48 hours in advanced of the Move in date in order to be eligible for 75% refund of the Listing Price and will be refunded 0% of the Service and Payment Transaction fees.
- If a Renter needs to cancel their Booking less than 24 hours after Booking approval and/or more than two (2) days before the Move in date, the Renter is eligible for a 100% refund of the listing price minus the Service and Payment transaction fees.
- The Renter must communicate with the Host on when they will be moving out.
- If a Renter gets approved of a Booking on the Renters Move in date but needs to cancel, they are eligible for 100% refund of the Listing Price and will be refunded 0% of the Service and Payment Transaction fees. Renter must request refund from Host and PeerStorage the same day of their Booking approval and Move in date in order to be eligible. If Renter refund requests to Host and PeerStorage is made after Booking approval and Move in date, Renter is not eligible for any refund.
- The Host reserves the right to refuse or cancel Your Booking before the Renters Move in date, if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected. If the Host cancels the Booking prior to the Move in date but has received payment, the Host is obligated to fully refund the Renter and the PeerStorage Support team will help the Renter find another storage space.
- If a Host needs to terminate a Booking after the Renter has moved their Items in the storage space with no breach of Terms and Conditions by Renter, the Host is required to provide notice immediately to the Renter and PeerStorage. If the Renter has booked at a daily or weekly Rental period, the Host has to notify the Renter in advanced of half the period of the Renters total Rental period. For example, if the Renter has booked storage for ten (10) days, the Host must provide the Renter five (5) days’ notice. If the Renter has booked at a monthly Rental period, the Host must provide notice immediately or 30 days’ notice of the Move out date.
- If the Renter has booked at the hourly Rental Period and less than a 24-hour Rental period, the Host must notify the Renter immediately. This is considered not sufficient notification time and the Host will be charged $50 termination fee and refund the Renter for the time left on the Rental period.
- In an unlikely occasion requiring a Host to cancel the Booking without sufficient time stated above, and the Renter has to move out their Items immediately, the Host will be charged for all fees associated with moving out the Items to a new storage space. The Renter will receive the refund for the time left on the Booking refunded by the Host minus Service and Payment transaction fees. The Host will also be charged a $100 termination fee.
- Renters are to submit a Booking for the space via the Service, the Renter is making an offer to transact for the requested Booking.
- Instant booking is a Booking process which the Host does not have to approve when the Renter reserves the Storage space. When a Renter submits an Instant booking, they have reserved the space. Hosts are in charge of if their Listing can be have instant booking or not when they add their listing.
- When a Renter’s Booking is accepted by the Host or they have submitted an Instant booking, the Renter will be required to provide the desired Rental period (Move in date to Move out date), as well as a valid Payment method that may be charged for all fees corresponding to the Booking.
- If you are a Host and your Listing is not Instant booking, you will receive a Request via the Service. You will be required to either accept or reject the Request within three (3) days or 72 hours of when the Request is submitted. When the Request is accepted and confirmed by the Host, the Host agrees to pay the Payment transaction fee corresponding to the payment for the requested Booking. Upon confirmation of the Booking, the Renter and the Host will receive a confirmation email from PeerStorage summarizing the confirmed Booking. If the Host does not accept or reject a Request within three (3) days, the Request will be automatically rejected and canceled.
- Once Booking is accepted, You agree that all payments for Bookings transacted on or through the Service must be made on or through the Service in accordance to this Terms & Conditions.
- Hosts are solely responsible for honoring any confirmed Bookings and making available any Storage space reserved in connection to this Service.
- When a Renter requests a Booking for a Listing and the Booking is accepted, the Renter agrees and understands that they are required to enter into an agreement with the Host and to accept any terms, conditions, rules and restrictions associated with the Storage space imposed by the Host.
- Bookings are solely between Renters and Hosts. PeerStorage is not a party to any Booking agreement. You acknowledge and agree that You, not PeerStorage, will be responsible for performing the obligations of any Booking agreement you enter into, and that, with the exception of its payment collection obligations, PeerStorage disclaims all liability arising from or related to any Booking agreement. You understand and agree that PeerStorage does not act as an insurer, real estate broker, or your contracting agent.
All Services purchased for Bookings are subject to a one-time payment. Payment can be made through various payment methods we have available, such as Visa, MasterCard, Affinity Card, American Express cards or online payment methods (PayPal, Stripe, for example).
Payment cards (credit cards or debit cards) are subject to validation checks and authorization by Your card issuer. If we do not receive the required authorization.
- Payment for Booking will be collected when the Booking is confirmed by the Host. Renter must pay for the total Rental period making it a one-time payment.
- PeerStorage will collect from Renter the Total fees at the time of Booking confirmation. PeerStorage will collect the Service fee from the Renter and the Payment transaction fee.
- Each Listing will display the Rental Rate and the Service fee. The Host determines the Rental Rate for the Listing. The Renter will be shown the Booking Total and the Service Fee and any Taxes applicable to the requested Booking, prior to submitting the Booking request.
- If you are a Renter, you acknowledge and agree that PeerStorage acts as the Host’s payment collection agent for the purpose of accepting payments on behalf of the Host for the applicable Booking. You the Renter authorize PeerStorage to collect the Booking Total associated with the Booking by your Payment Method.
- If you are a Host, PeerStorage deducts the applicable Payment transaction fee from the Booking Total collected on your behalf before paying the balance to you. The Payout for the Host
- Payouts to the Host work like this:
- Host is to request a payout from their “Payment Method” page in their dashboard.
- The payout the Host receives is the Booking Total minus Service Fee and Payment Transaction Fee. There may be a fee associated with the transfer of money into a Hosts account from Paypal or another Payment Method. After a payout is requested it may take up to seven (7) days to receive payouts. This is dependent on the Payment Method chosen by the Host and Renter.
- Hosts agree to provide their Payment Method in order to receive Payouts.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for determining your applicable tax reporting requirements in consultation with your tax advisors. Hosts agree to review their own country, state, and city tax and zoning codes and to make adjustments in their billing structure prior to submitting their Listing on PeerStorage. PeerStorage cannot and does not offer tax-related advice to any User.
- Any Promotions made available through the Service may be governed by rules that are separate from these Terms.
Incentive & Referral Program Terms and Condition
- Storage Host will receive their $10 dollar cash incentive when they list their space and receive their first booking. The incentive payment will be payable directly to their account wallet in their user’s dashboard. The incentive payment may be transferred to Storage Host’s after they list their space, but Storage Host’s will not be able to receive their cash payouts until after they have received their first booking.
- Storage Host’s will receive their $5 dollar cash referral incentive when their Referrer lists their space on PeerStorage. The referral payment will be payable directly to their account wallet in the user’s dashboard. The referral payment will be transferred to Referrers after it is confirmed that their referral has list their space. PeerStorage will request the name and email of the Referrer from the Storage Host and the name and email of the Storage Host from the Referrer to confirm the referral.
- Renters who are booking for the first time will receive 25% off their first months booking. Renters will first have to pay in full for their booking, then PeerStorage will provide Renter a Payout of 25% of their first months rental rate booking directly to the Renter in their dashboard wallet or Paypal accounts. If the renter is booking at a daily, or weekly rental rate, they are eligible for the 25% discount up to a one-month period. A one month period is 30 days, or 4 weeks. For example if the Renter books for 5 weeks, they will receive the 25% discount on 4 weeks of the booking.
- Rewards may be taxable, depending on the value of the item and the federal, state, and local tax laws applicable to the Participant. Participants are solely responsible for reporting such items on their tax returns and paying any associated tax liability.
- Termination. PeerStorage may, in its sole and absolute discretion, cancel, change, suspend, or modify any aspect of the Incentive & Referral Program at any time, without notice. PeerStorage may, in its sole and absolute discretion, terminate or suspend any Member’s participation in the Incentive & Referral Program for breach of these Program Terms and Conditions or taking any actions that are inconsistent with the intent of these Program Terms and Conditions.
PeerStorage may choose to evict the Renter in the case of non-payment or insufficient payment to the Storage Host. PeerStorage will charge Renter a $100 eviction fee. Renter may be evicted for default payment, illegal Goods as listed in “Obligations of Renter”, or failure to move out items past their move out date.
If the Renter fails to make a payment or such payment is denied, returned, refunded, charged-back, or invalidated, PeerStorage may impose a fee of $50 for each such failed payment. In the event collections may occur, the Renter agrees to pay all other costs of collection, court costs, and reasonable attorney fees, in addition to, the collection fee.
Renter Default Process
If a Renter fails to make a payment on their Booking, PeerStorage shall take steps to notify Renter of such default and provide Renter an opportunity to mitigate such defaults. If Renter fails after receiving such notice and opportunity to mitigate defaults, PeerStorage may exercise one or more of the following:
1. Collect Renters owed charges to the Host and PeerStorage. PeerStorage has the right to exercise any remedy by law.
2. Deny Renter access to Renters Goods and property which Renters Goods are Stored.
3. Cancel Renters Booking by giving Renter two (2) days’ notice to vacate. If Renter fails to vacate and PeerStorage files an eviction lawsuit, Renter will pay PeerStorage’s attorneys fees and court costs plus a reasonable judicial eviction charge for PeerStorage’s time, inconvenience and overhead for filing the eviction suit.
4. PeerStorage and Host have the right to lien by seizure and sale of all Stored Goods in the Space, pursuant to applicable laws, rules and regulations, under the Host’s local and state codes, as long as applicable fees have not been paid for at least 30 days. Seizure and sale will only be for default in paying sums due to PeerStorage. If the stored item is a vehicle, Renter agrees that Host may, tow such vehicle or have such vehicle towed by third party off of Host’s property if charges have not been paid for at least 60 days. Renter is obligated to pay fees associated with using a third-party towing. Sale of the Stored Goods in the Space may be accomplished using an online storage auction, and Renter waives any claims, statutory or otherwise, arising out of any allegation that the online storage auction was related to disposition of the Stored Goods.
If either of such events listed above occur, the Host may not communicate with the Renter or take any action other than to restrict access to the Space. Host must cooperate with PeerStorage in any eviction, sale, auction, or other proceeding against a Renter and must provide requested information (e.g list or photos of items) to PeerStorage in a timely manner upon request. The Host also must provide access to the Space as requested by PeerStorage for the new owner of any contents that have been auctioned to a third party.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
We are constantly updating Our offerings of Listings on the Service. The Listings available on Our Service may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable, and We may experience delays in updating information regarding our Listings on the Service and in Our advertising on other websites.
We cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. We reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
The Company reserves the right to revise Listing prices at any time. If a Renter needs to immediately re-book its current Storage space, the Renter shall do so at the same Listing Rental rate as its current Booking. The Host may not raise the Rental rate for a Renter who has already booked the Space and is re-booking with their Goods in the Storage space.
- To access the features of the Service, including creating a Listing, or transact a Booking on or through the Service, you must register for an account with PeerStorage. When You create an account with PeerStorage, You must provide PeerStorage information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. This information includes email address, name, phone number, Google or Facebook single sign-on information, or other contact information. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of Your account on Our Service.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that You use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under Your password, whether Your password is with Our Service or a Third-Party Social Media Service.
- You agree not to disclose Your password to any third party. You must notify Us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of Your account.
- You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than You without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
Your Right to Post Content
- Our Service allows You to post Content. You are responsible for the Content that You post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
- By posting Content to the Service, You grant Us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You retain any and all of Your rights to any Content You submit, post or display on or through the Service and You are responsible for protecting those rights. You agree that this license includes the right for Us to make Your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use Your Content subject to these Terms.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) the Content is Yours (You own it) or You have the right to use it and grant Us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and (ii) the posting of Your Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
The Company is not responsible for the content of the Service’s users. You expressly understand and agree that You are solely responsible for the Content and for all activity that occurs under your account, whether done so by You or any third person using Your account.
You may not transmit any Content that is unlawful, offensive, upsetting, intended to disgust, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Examples of such objectionable Content include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unlawful or promoting unlawful activity.
- Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
- Spam, machine – or randomly – generated, constituting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Containing or installing any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of a third person.
- Infringing on any proprietary rights of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights.
- Impersonating any person or entity including the Company and its employees or representatives.
- Violating the privacy of any third person.
- False information and features.
The Company reserves the right, but not the obligation, to, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not any Content is appropriate and complies with this Terms, refuse or remove this Content. The Company further reserves the right to make formatting and edits and change the manner any Content. The Company can also limit or revoke the use of the Service if You post such objectionable Content. As the Company cannot control all content posted by users and/or third parties on the Service, you agree to use the Service at your own risk. You understand that by using the Service You may be exposed to content that You may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable, and You agree that under no circumstances will the Company be liable in any way for any content, including any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content.
Although regular backups of Content are performed, the Company do not guarantee there will be no loss or corruption of data.
Corrupt or invalid backup points may be caused by, without limitation, Content that is corrupted prior to being backed up or that changes during the time a backup is performed.
The Company will provide support and attempt to troubleshoot any known or discovered issues that may affect the backups of Content. But You acknowledge that the Company has no liability related to the integrity of Content or the failure to successfully restore Content to a usable state.
You agree to maintain a complete and accurate copy of any Content in a location independent of the Service.
Intellectual Property Infringement
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is Our policy to respond to any claim that Content posted on the Service infringes a copyright or other intellectual property infringement of any person.
If You are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and You believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement that is taking place through the Service, You must submit Your notice in writing to the attention of our copyright agent via email at [email protected] and include in Your notice a detailed description of the alleged infringement.
You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing Your copyright.
DMCA Notice and DMCA Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims
You may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work.
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material that You claim is infringing is located.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You can contact our copyright agent via email at [email protected] Upon receipt of a notification, the Company will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Service.
The Service and its original content (excluding Content provided by You or other users), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of the Company and its licensors.
The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the Country and foreign countries. The Company’s logo and any other image on the website which bears the Company’s name are trademarks of the Company. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of the Company.
Your Feedback to Us
We encourage Renters and Hosts to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Service and Site. You assign all rights, title and interest in any Feedback You provide the Company. If for any reason such assignment is ineffective, You agree to grant the Company a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sub-license, distribute, modify and exploit such Feedback without restriction. Feedback may be submitted by emailing us at [email protected] or through the “Contact Us” page of the site.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Company.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur, the entire liability of the Company under any provision of this Terms and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by You through the Service or $100 USD if You haven’t purchased anything through the Service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Company be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages, losses, loss of data or other information, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Terms), even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these states, each party’s liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
“AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Company, on its own behalf and on behalf of its Affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, the Company provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Service will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Company makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the Service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon; (ii) that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Service; or (iv) that the Service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of the Company are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to You. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Company.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under this Terms shall not affect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall be the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if We have made them available to You on our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us:
By email: [email protected]
By visiting this page on our website: https://www.peerstorage.co/privacy-policy/